Our clinic can offer high quality care in cosmetic dentistry
Here at New Leaf, we can offer dental care at the highest possible level. At an initial non-binding consultation, experienced dentists will assess the condition of your teeth and propose the next steps.
If required, our physicians are able to perform even the most demanding surgical procedures. They will always explain the procedure in detail and perform it as carefully as possible.
Only when your teeth and gums are completely healthy can we begin resolving any aesthetic issues. We can offer both professional teeth whitening and aesthetic correction with veneers that can fix irregularities or undesirable colour of your teeth. But there are many more options than that, and the next steps must always be arranged individually with one of our dentists. This care is naturally complemented with visits to our dental hygienist, who can perfectly clean your teeth. She will also tell you how to remedy any shortcomings in your care for teeth and gums.
We work with the latest equipment
Our unique equipment together with a professional, experienced team allows us to offer high quality yet comfortable dental care to our clients. In our examinations, we use among others these machines:
Digital 3D X-ray
X-rays are still among the most important diagnostic methods. In recent years, however, X-ray equipment has undergone many changes – our cutting-edge panoramic X-ray can examine your entire oral cavity, allowing truly comprehensive and efficient care. And with digitisation, the dose of X-rays delivered to your body is minimised.
Special fluorescent machine for detecting cavities
No more pain during examination, no more tapping on each tooth separately! In a few seconds, this unique oral camera can find even the tiniest cavities. The condition of your teeth is also shown on a screen located in front of the examination chair. Thanks to the latest technology, treatment can start as soon as possible without unpleasant drilling.
Patented T-Scan® machine for occlusion analysis
This is another device you will not find in the surgeries of many dentists. It is the only one that can perfectly and comprehensively analyse the strength of bite on the contact surfaces of individual teeth. From our experience, we know that the distribution of masticatory forces on the individual teeth is something that needs to be considered for all clients, and not just those who will be receiving dental implants. Today, the machine is used before applying fillings and the making of bridges, crowns and veneers.
This machine allows us to solve many long-lasting problems such as headaches and pain in the jaw joints or muscles caused by poor distribution of biting forces and many others.
Dental veneers or facets represent the most advanced and gentle way of treating aesthetic problems of one´s teeth. A veneer is a thin layer of ceramic material placed on and bonded to the front surface of a tooth or teeth in the visible part of the mouth.
At our clinic there are 2 CEREC robotic systems which allow our dentists to fabricate custom-made veneers for each patient. The veneers fabricated are only 0.3 mm thick so they look very natural.
We use our own T-scan to digitally analyse our patients´ occlusion. Therefore we can fabricate veneers that suits the patient´s occlusal characteristics best and don´t expose the veneers to excessive force.
Placing veneers is painless. If requested, we can perform the treatment under local anaesthesia or use sedative-analgesic medications.
We are able to fabricate up to 20 veneers a day so even patients who undergo overall treatment of the visible part of their mouth leave our clinic with a brand new smile the same day.
The care we provide is comprehensive. We can treat crooked teeth by using braces.
We use the highest-quality ceramic. When fabricating veneers we use disilicate ceramic which is the highest-quality material veneers can be made of. Disilicate ceramic looks natural and has very long durability (several times higher in comparison with feldspars).
Dental crowns made from quality porcelain are suitable for solving aesthetic teeth problems such as chipped, damaged or not very nice-looking teeth.
Loss of your own teeth could be due to several causes, particularly tooth decay, gum inflammation or injury. Tooth loss can be avoided by regular domestic hygiene and hygiene at the dentist. If you have already lost a tooth, it can be replaced in several ways: by a bridge, removable denture or implant.
If the teeth are healthy on either side of the gap where the tooth is missing, it is possible to grind them into shape and attach a bridge to them which imitates the lost tooth. In aesthetic terms it looks good and in functional terms not the worst solution. The disadvantage is that you have to grind the surrounding teeth, which means interfering with a healthy tooth. Moreover, the teeth must be sufficiently healthy and strong so the bridge can be attached.
This may be the cheapest, but is also the least suitable solution for replacing teeth. It does not ensure that you can chew well and there is no feeling of having your own teeth.
A dental implant is the best solution in terms of aesthetics and for chewing. This basically involves inserting a titanium screw into the jawbone. So the implant fulfils the function of the root of the tooth. A crown is then attached to this screw.
Process of inserting the dental implant:
The site of the treatment is numbed by local anaesthesia so the insertion of the dental implant is completely painless.
Insertion of the implant into the bone
Subsequently a hole is drilled into the jawbone in the site where the tooth is missing and a titanium implant is inserted (a screw pillar which replaces the root of the tooth). The operation is completed by sewing up the wound above the implant. Titanium is material which the human body accepts without any complications, and there is no evidence that it causes any allergic reactions. Titanium has a neutral taste so it does not have any metal aftertaste in the oral cavity. It takes 6-8 weeks for the titanium implant to heal in the bone. Healing time may extend to 6-24 weeks for other types of implants.
Installing a crown
Once the implant is healed a crown is attached to it which we can perform at our clinic while you wait.
Important things to know before the procedure: Dental implants
- A precondition is good dental hygiene in the oral cavity.
- Full treatment of all tooth decay and inflammations in the oral cavity because these are caused by microorganisms that could impair the healing process.
- A lack of bone in the planned site of the implant. Bone disappears after tooth loss. If there is a lack of bone then it needs to be restored first.
- The insertion of an implant is not suitable for people with hematologic and immunological diseases.
- Smoking (more than 5 cigarettes a day) is a factor which may negatively affect healing and the durability of the implant.
- Uncompensated diabetes can also negatively affect healing and the durability of the implant.
- A precondition for successful healing of the implant is the relatively good state of health of the body.
Important things to observe after the procedure:
- Antibiotics are prescribed with surgery and need to be taken as instructed by the doctor.
- The pain after the procedure is mild, lasting 1-2 days after the insertion of the implant. Your doctor will prescribe or recommend a suitable type of analgesic.
- Do not take an analgesic that encourages bleeding – for example Acylpyrin, Anopyrin.
- Swelling results the day after the insertion of the implant therefore it is important after treatment until you go to bed and the whole of the next day to apply cold and dry compresses (cooling gel packs covered in a handkerchief, the handkerchief must be dry and must not be soaked in water).
- Patients who are afraid of treatment can be prescribed drugs for soothing or dulling pain, or the entire treatment can be carried out under analgosedation. Transport must be arranged for these patients after treatment.
- You must only have soft lukewarm food, lukewarm drink and not wash out the oral cavity in the first 24 hours after treatment.
- You must continue having soft food or only chew on the side of the mouth where surgery was not carried out on the second and third day.
- You should not have hot food on the first three days after the procedure because it could cause the wound to bleed.
- You can wash out the oral cavity by a mouth disinfectant solution as instructed by the doctor.
- On the day of surgery do not wash out the oral cavity and on the first to third day after the procedure wash out the cavity after eating food.
- It is important to go for checkups as instructed by the doctor and if any complications arise such as greater pain, bleeding, etc., contact the attending doctor immediately.
Insertion of a dental implant is not 100% risk free. It is a process that carries certain risks such as infection in the wound, allergies to drugs, anaesthesia. In a small percentage of people an implant does not heal or will become loose in the bone over several years. Perfect daily hygiene of the oral cavity contributes to the long-term success of the application of an implant and its lifetime.
A radiant smile with perfectly white teeth is slowly becoming a matter of social prestige. But slight discolouration often cannot be avoided even with the best dental care.
The reason is that there are very many factors causing it, ranging from genetic predisposition to external influences such as smoking, drinking coffee and strong tea or taking certain medications.
Not all of those factors can be influenced, but unwanted discolouration can be removed through teeth whitening. Of all the available methods, we have selected the most advanced and safest technologies that have earned the strict certification of the American Dental Association.
We only use gentle modern methods
There are two basic types of teeth whitening to choose from – the first combines gradual whitening at our surgery and home whitening, while the second is a one-time procedure utilising a special plasma lamp.
Gradual whitening with the application of Opalescence Xtra at the dentist’s office and then at home
This method has been rightly described as the fastest, most effective and even the “tastiest” way of whitening teeth. The principle is very simple – our dentists will make what are known as whitening carriers, mouth guards customised for your teeth. All you have to do is to put them into your mouth for 60 minutes (and they actually taste good!). After the carriers are made and you are instructed in their use, you can continue with the whitening yourself at home, with always one treatment a day.
One-time whitening using the ZOOM! Advanced Power plasma lamp
One of the gentlest yet most effective methods of teeth whitening at the dentist’s office. One visit to our clinic is enough to obtain teeth of a naturally white colour.
How does treatment with a plasma lamp work?
Before the procedure, your lips and gums are covered with protective material to prevent irritation. We then apply a whitening gel and turn on the lamp. During the treatment, the gel is replaced three times in 15-minute intervals. And that’s it – after about an hour, your teeth can be up to 8 shades whiter according to the internationally recognised VITA Classical Shade Guide colour chart.
Before the whitening, we recommend first carefully cleaning all teeth and interdental spaces, which is something our experienced dental hygienists will be very happy to help you with.